|eDrum MIDI Mapper Manual - version 1.2||Introduction »|
Conventions Used in this Manual
Making MIDI Connections
Working with Trigger Mappings (Pads)
Generic Pad Overview
Hi-Hat Pad Overview
Creating & Editing Pads
Saving & Loading Pad Sets (Kits)
Generic Pad Editor Window
Hi-Hat Pad Editor Window
Advanced Hi-Hat Pad Options
MIDI Utility Functions
Pad MIDI Input and Output Summaries
Trigger Calibration (Softest/Hardest Hit Settings)
Using Volume Envelopes for Cymbal Chokes and Hi-Hat Muting
Version 1.2.1 - February 22, 2009
- Filtered polyphonic aftertouch (choke) events no longer produce superfluous note events under certain conditions.
- Pass-through polyphonic aftertouch echoing now works as intended in all cases.
Version 1.2 - July 21, 2008
- New Generic Pad input options "Uses Choke Notes" and "Choke Note" convert the specified incoming note to a polyphonic aftertouch event prior to sending it to the output filter.
- New Generic Pad output option "Choke Note" converts incoming cymbal chokes to note events.
- New Advanced Hi-Hat Pad option "Pedal CC Closed Threshold" allows hi-hat note-off muting to occur before full depression of the pedal.
- Note, CC and polytouch events that aren't filtered by a pad are now echoed to the output as-is.
- Filtered polyphonic aftertouch (choke) events are now properly sent to the Pad's specified output channel and note (and alternate note if enabled) rather than echoed as-is.
- Fixed closed hi-hat notes occasionally getting "stuck" when cross-fading was enabled.
- Fixed Copy menu item/key command not working when copying entire Pads.
Version 1.1 - February 28, 2007
- MIDI CC's that aren't filtered by a hi-hat pad are now echoed to the MIDI output on the same channel they were received. This allows a Generic Pad to be used as a hi-hat mapping for hosts that do their own open/close hi-hat morphing, or for hosts that support position sensing, etc.
- Polyphonic Aftertouch (AKA Key Pressure) events filtered by Generic Pads are now echoed to the MIDI output unless "Note-Off Chokes" is enabled. I.e. You can now leave "Note-Off Chokes" disabled for hosts that recognize and use Polyphonic Aftertouch messages as cymbal chokes.
- Pads that filter note-off messages now automatically send a note-off after 15 seconds of idle activity. This helps prevent "stuck keys" in the host application. NOTE: This does not occur if the global note off filter is enabled.
- Closing eDrum MIDI Mapper while the main window is minimized no longer causes the window to be hidden on the next launch.
- Updated application framework with reduced memory requirements and interface tweaks.
Version 1.0 - April 22, 2005
- Initial release.
|Copyright © 2005-2008 Chaotic Box. All rights reserved.||Introduction »|